5 Awesome Book Trailers

Monday, 31 March 2014 00:00

I really really love it when a publisher or an author decides to make a book trailer for their book. It's a fantastic thing to do and I think it promotes the book a lot. Personally, I think a good synopsis (not deceiving!) and an awesome book trailer is enough for me to buy the book. So here are five awesome book trailers! Hope you enjoy watching them :)

Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Page - I have already mentioned in a previous post that I'm dying to read this book. It's about time a YA retelling of Oz should come out. And this trailer is amazing! I don't think I have seen a better book trailer than this!
P.S: I have already pre-ordered this book and cannot wait for the book to reach my hands. BOOK, you better come to me right now!




The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski - This is a new release (came out in March) and I have heard so many great things about this book! I recently purchased it and simply cannot wait to read it soon! I really like the music in this trailer, it feels very apt for this book.





Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson - Firstly, the book's synopsis is hard not to fall for and the trailer just confirms why everyone must read this book! And I'm one among the everyone. I'm sad to say that I have not yet read a single Sanderson novel but I have Steelheart in my shelves and am definitely gonna read it. This trailer is mind - blowing and it makes me want to go start reading the book right now! Alas, I do not have time :(




Half Bad by Sally Green - Let me just tell you that the music for this trailer is so sick and evil, it's just perfect for this book (in a good way). I'm very behind on my reading list due to exams but yes, you can tell I haven't yet read the book and that I'm looking forward to it. I've heard pretty mixed reviews on this one but I'm intrigued by the plot and the music. The one thing that annoyed me a lot about the trailer is the part where they say it's the 'next Hunger Games'. Please, please, please do not do that. There can be no 'next Hunger Games' because there can only be one Hunger Games. Half Bad is nothing like Hunger Games and if the statement meant about the number of books being sold, I don't know what to say because it sounds very misleading. Why Hunger Games? Why can't this book just be itself?! I'm glad they didn't say Harry Potter or I would've definitely punched the screen. Apart from that, I think the trailer is pretty good!




Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff - The coolest trailer ever! 




Hershey