Review: Faefever by Karen Marie Moning

Thursday, 22 May 2014 23:14
Title: Faefever (Fever, #3)
Author: Karen Marie Moning
Publication Date: September 16th, 2008
Genres: Urban Fantasy, Adult
Rating: 4 of 5 stars

He calls me his Queen of the Night. I’d die for him. I’d kill for him, too. When MacKayla Lane receives a page torn from her dead sister’s journal, she is stunned by Alina’s desperate words. And now MacKayla knows that her sister’s killer is close. But evil is closer. And suddenly the sidhe-seer is on the hunt: For answers. For revenge. And for an ancient book of dark magic so evil that it corrupts anyone who touches it. Mac’s quest for the Sinsar Dubh takes her into the mean, shapeshifting streets of Dublin, with a suspicious cop on her tail. Forced into a dangerous triangle of alliance with V’lane, a lethal Fae prince, and Jericho Barrons, a man of deadly secrets, Mac is soon locked in a battle for her body, mind, and soul.




That's Dublin for ya!

In one way I'm really glad I'm reading this series so many years after the books came out because I would literally die if I did not have Dreamfever in my hands.

This series has me going crazy. I'm damn crazy over the Fever series. Okay, many many things happened and I cannot tell you that, obviously. I can only warn you to have the next book at hand if you wish to survive.

Here are few things I can tell you without spoiling you:

1. Mackayla is a total kickass now. No room for any arguments.

2. The story got very twisty. 

3. So much awesome sauce in this book. (Especially the last few chapters!)



4. V'lane - I can say he's okay. He seems okay at times. You know, there are these people you can never make opinions about or think too much about them except for how they seem? V'lane's like that. So confusing to think about him as a good or a bad fellow.

5. And Barrons!

*Cue music*

Barrons, Barrons, Barrons
How can you be so hot and yet so cold?
Where are you hiding your secrets, my love? 
(*snickers*)
Barrons, Barrons, Barrons
How barren you've left me. 


Okay, I can't do that. I can't sing like that, I mean, come on, I won't even be able to stand in front of Barrons let alone sing like that. 

So, let's pretend Barrons and I have a conversation. (I'm unbelievable, right?)

Me: "Barrons, you know something?"

Barrons: *Doesn't look up*.

Me: "You have to stop this, okay?"

Barrons: *Doesn't look up*.

Me: "It's not nice to keep secrets from your readers. That's really bad, okay? Keep secrets from Mac and everyone else but not from your readers! Don't be a constant dick to people, okay? Be nice and let me love you!"

.... 


So, Barrons is Barrons as usual. See, even in my head he didn't dignify me with a response. He's still mystic and cryptic and whatnot. And he's nice to Mac at times and it completely throws me off. I do not know what to make of him. And I have read three books already! Can anyone be more mysterious than him?!

So, yes, this book was fantastic. Ending is terrible. Next book, next book!


Hershey