Review: Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn

Thursday, 3 July 2014 03:55
Title: Dash and Lily's Book of Dares
Authors: David Levithan and Rachel Cohn
Genres: Contemporary, Romance 
Publication Date: October 11th, 2011
Rating: 2 of 5 stars


Oh dear.

I was so prepared to fall for this book.

I was expecting something quirky, fun and extremely cute. I was expecting this book to put me in a festive mood even though Christmas is still months away. I just wanted something refreshing. I wanted something like hot chocolate and marshmallows and snow! Yeah, I'm kind of in that mood right now.




See those lights? I thought this book was like those lights, fun and changing and just awesome.

I didn't get any of that. I didn't even feel anything other than the need to finish this book soon so that I can move on to the next one.

What I did get were two annoying, pretentious main characters who irked me like crazy. Dash and Lily were constantly trying to be smart and snarly and cool. They didn't seem like realistic characters to me. You know that feeling you get when you see someone trying to act really smart and cool and completely failing at it? I had that feeling throughout the whole book.



Hershey