Graphic Novel Review: Nimona by Noelle Stevenson

Saturday, 11 June 2016 23:48
Title: Nimona
Author: Noelle Stevenson
Publication Date: May 12th, 2015
Genres: Graphic Novel, Young Adult, Fantasy
Rating: 4 of 5 stars

Nimona has the perfect ingredients to a great and an entertaining graphic novel. Who wouldn't want to read a graphic novel about super villains and who doesn't adore sidekicks? You might think that this book sounds too good to be true and that it might disappoint. Worry no more because this book definitely does deliver on all fronts. It has humour, adventure, friendship and lots of super villain destructions! What more can you ask for?
Reading Nimona was a total blast for me. I devoured this book in one sitting even though I wanted to prolong my reading experience a bit longer but I couldn't just sit and watch this beautiful book on my bed, can I? Nimona was super addicting and Noelle Stevenson knows how to hook a reader. Also, the artwork wasn't outstanding or anything but it weirdly appealed to me. I found it irresistibly cute! 



Nimona is a story about a super villain, a hero and a sidekick. Notorious villain Ballister Blackheart gets a new sidekick called Nimona who is also a shape shifter. Together they wreak havoc against the Institution and in the process, Blackheart and Nimona unearth a lot of secrets about themselves. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I think this is a great book to relieve people from their book slumps. 

This is the kind of book you will think about while reading other books that have a similar premise. You might want some action here and there but not too much and not too dark because you're looking for entertainment and you want to crack up. Nimona will give you what you seek: A good long hour or more filled with magic, mayhem, science and super villainy! 

Also, this <3


Hershey

2 comments:

  1. Aww this book!!! I loved it, too :D I expected more LGBT moments, but it's so cute and action-filled and magic it's hard to resist. Lovely review xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! Thank you so much :)

      Delete